Today I am sharing the recipe of Kadahi paneer, a popular punjabi dish. It is mildly spicy and goes great with naan, roti, lachha paratha etc. Don,t skip with sirka pyaz and mint chutney, as these add-ons greatly enhance the overall dining experience with paneer dishes.
- Wok (Kadahi)
- 200 grams paneer
- 6 pieces medium sized tomato
- 6 pieces red onion
- 25 grams cashew nuts
- 25 grams melon seeds
- 1 piece capsicum (red, yellow, green by choice)
- 1 tbsp grated khoya
- 50 ml fresh cream
- 25 grams butter
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander seeds
- 5 grams dry fenugreek leaves
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoon kashmere red chilli powder
- 50 ml oil
- 1 teaspoon kitchen king
- 4 red chilli whole
Step by step instructions
- Take 5 medium sized ripe tomatoes, add adequate water, add melon seeds and cashews and one medium sized onion, boil for 10 minutes till tomatoes soften, let it cool down and make paste after removing skin of tomatoes. Keep aside
- Heat oil in wok(kadahi), temper whole red chilli and coriander seeds, add 2 chopped onions and one chopped tomato, simmer for 10 minutes with low to medium flame.
- Add garlic and ginger paste and mix well. Saute till the oil separates. Add kitchen king anda pinch of turmeric powder.
- Turn the flame high, and add capsicum and onion cubes, saute for 1 minute. Add tomato gravy and cook for 2-3 minutes on high flame.
- Add khoya, butter, cream and salt to taste. Mix well on high flame, add paneer cubes and fenugreek leaves, mix well, garnish with cream and coriander leaves.
- Serve the piping hot kadahi paneer
For making sirka pyaz, all you have to do choose small sized onions, peel them, dip into vinegar for sometime, and then serve in a bowl.
Mint chutney can be made by making 10-15 mint leaves and 2 green chilis paste, then add 100ml curd and salt to it.