Here is my recipe for paneer. Your search for ultrasoft and creamy paneer ends here, and i bet from today onward you will make no mistake making paneer which will make every dish more delicious. Here you go.
Ultrasoft creamy paneer
Learn to make easy and soft paneer which will melt in mouth.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
- Wok (Kadahi)
- Milk – Preffered full cream milk
- Alum (Fitkatri)
- Orange juice
- Old chenna water
- Ice or cold water
Step by step instructions
- Bring milk to boil, and switch off the flame just before it starts rising.
- Add any one of the acidic ingredient mentioned.
- keep stirring untill big grains are produced and ligh green colored whey is separated from milk
- as soon as you see the green colored whey, add ice or cold water and bring the temprature down.
- now drain and wash once to remove any flavor left by lemon juice etc.
- now we have chenna ready which is to be preocessed into paneer, chenna contains moisture or water, which needs to be removed to obtain paneer.
- all we have to do now is tie the chenna in a muslin cloth and keep under some weight for 2 hours, so that slowly all the water is removed and we have paneer in the form of cake.
The making of paneer is a very simple process yet delivers different results when we tweak the recipe. if we add the lemon juice to milk at lower temperature before it comes to boil, we will get small grains, and wonder what has happened to our paneer Likewise when we keep boiling after paneer separates from milk whey, it becomes chewy, which is not desirable at all. the type and quality of milk also affects the end result. Normally we have polypack milk available which is pasteurized (i.e.) already boiled to some degrees. Paneer made from such milk will be different from freshly obtained milk which is unpasteurized.