Here is my recipe for croissant…. have fun
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
- Thick bottom wok(kadahi)
- Kitchen hot stand
- ¾ cup warm milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 teaspoon yeast
- 2.5 cups maida or all purpose flour
- salt to taste
- 4 tbsp oil
Step by step instructions
- Take a small bowl, add lukewarm milk, sugar and yeast to it.
- Mix them lightly, cover and set it aside for 10 mins.
- Take another bowl, add flour, salt, oil, yeast mixture and knead it into a soft dough. Use a little water if required in kneading.
- Grease some oil over the dough, cover and let it rest for an hour in warm place or until your dough doubles in size.
- After an hour, roll the dough and divide it in 12 equal parts.
- Take 1 part, flatten it in the shape of a thin chapati with help of a roller.
- Follow the same steps with remaining 11 parts.
- Now brush some melted butter on each, sprinkle some flour and make a stack of 12 thin slices by keeping one over the other.
- Again flatten this stack lightly then cut it into 6 equal triangles.
- Roll each triangle in shape of a croissant.
- Place the croissant on a greased tray, let it rest for 15 mins.
- Brush some milk/butter over it.
- Now take a kadhai put it on the flame, add some salt, put kitchen hot stand in the center of kadhai, place the tray of croissant on this stand, cover the kadhai and cook for 25 mins on medium-low flame.
- Voila! Your home made croissants are ready.
Enjoy the freshly made croissants at home. 🙂