Lassi is a curd based summer cooler. It is good to quench thirst and keep the stomach cool on a very hot day. Lassi can be made sweet or savory as per your taste. Sweet varieties use different fruits to produce different flavors. Here is my favorite Mango lassi…
- 2 cups plain curd
- ½ cup ice
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Large ripe mango – you can use 250g canned mango pulp during off season
- ⅛ teaspoon saffron threads – use good quality saffron
Step by step instructions
- Soak the saffron threads in a tablespoon warm water or warm milk for 30 minutes and leave it in room temperature.
- Peel the mango and put the mango pieces, curd, sugar, crushed ice in a mixture grinder and blend for about 2 minutes until it becomes smooth and creamy. Add little water if it is too thick.
- Mix soaked saffron and serve chilled in glasses.
There is nothing that beats mango lassi in summers. The taste is paramount, the health benefits are amazing. The super quick drink ticks all the boxes you can think of.