Chocolate Banana Walnut Cake
This healthy whole-wheat treat takes only a few ingredients and it is super easy to make. It has balance of moistness from Bananas and crunchiness from Walnuts.
- 2 Ripe Bananas (medium sized)
- 4 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1.5 cup wheat flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 3/4 cup Milk
- Handful of Walnuts
Step by step instructions
- Take a large bowl, put wheat flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda in it.
- Sift all these dry ingredients well and keep aside.
- Now take another bowl, add mashed bananas, oil, milk and whisk all these well until smoothly combined.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients to this wet mixture in batches and fold it to a smooth batter without lumps.
- Now add roughly chopped walnuts to this cake batter.
- Take a cake mould, grease it well and dust with some flour.
- Pour the batter in cake mould and top it with some walnuts.
- Bake in a pre-heated gas tandoor for 40 mins. You can use oven as well.
- After 40 mins, insert a toothpick in middle of the cake, if toothpick comes out clean your cake is ready.
- Cool, it down at room temperature and serve.
Enjoy this delicious cake with your tea/coffee or have it anytime as dessert.