who we are
hi we are team ingreds.com. we focus on providing you with destinations you can trust and rely on for every stage of your life to connect you to great content, products and services and personalize your experience with us.
our mission is to be clear and transparent about how and why we collect and use information and to empower you to control your personal information. you are not our product, you are our customer. our website address is: https://ingreds.com.
what personal data we collect?
when you visit ingreds.com, we may collect the following information from or about you:
- online identifiers: IP address, advertising ID, unique device ID, and other information about your device, and internal and third party IDs that have been assigned to you.
- location information: information about your location that you provide us or that we collect from your device.
- internet activity information: information about your use of our sites and other websites you visit, including the web pages, content and advertisements you view and links you click on, and whether you open, forward or click the links in emails we send to you, your browsing history, and social media use including the “shares” and “likes” you make on a social media platform that is connected to the Sites.
- inferences about your interests, preferences and other behavioral data: hobbies, and interests (like which videos you like, your purchases, favorite recipes, or consumption tendencies). we may offer you the opportunity to sign up for a newsletter, register on our websites, or purchase products from us, when you do that, those activities may also collect:
- contact information: your name, phone number, postal address or email address.
- account/registration information: user name and password, reminder questions and answers, subscription and account numbers, and communications preferences (such as which newsletters you would like to receive).
- payment information:
billing address, shipping address, credit card or bank account number, expiration date, and card verification number (when you provide that information to us).
- This site utilises caching in order to facilitate a faster response time and better user experience. caching potentially stores a duplicate copy of every web page that is on display on this site. all cache files are temporary, and are never accessed by any third party, except as necessary to obtain technical support from the cache plugin vendor. cache files expire on a schedule set by the site administrator, but may easily be purged by the admin before their natural expiration, if necessary.
- we collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our akismet anti-spam service. the information we collect typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
why we collect it
provide and improve our website
- analyze, operate and improve our websites (including repairing errors or debugging) or develop new ones.
- allow you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards.
- measure and analyze visitor traffic and usage patterns and improve the quality and effectiveness of our Sites, features and related communications.
security and fraud prevention
- enforce our legal rights or comply with the law.
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, comply with applicable law and enforce our terms of service.
to determine trends and measure campaigns
- to understand trends in how the visitors to our websites interact with the ads, content, and features on our websites (e.g. your behavior on our Sites may be included in a general report about whether people prefer video content over written content on our websites).
- conduct market or audience analysis and related reporting (e.g. to give reports on who our visitors are and whether the ads displayed are effective).
when visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
if you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
if you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. these are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. these cookies will last for 180 days or one year.
if you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. this cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
when you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. if you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
if you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. this cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
embedded content from other websites
articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
who we share your data with
we may share your personal information with other group companies, service providers, social media platforms, advertisers, and third party data partners.
1.group companies. the ingreds.com brands covered by this privacy statement share your personal information with each other, and will use that information as described in this Privacy Statement. Our Brands also share your personal information with other companies in the ingreds.com family, which have their own privacy statements and are not subject to this Privacy Statement. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- service providers. we engage service providers to provide services such as credit-card and billing processing, shipping, marketing, advertising optimization and interest-based targeting, email and text message distribution, data processing, mobile and website analytics, user authentication, security and promotions management. we may share any information we collect about you with these Service Providers and authorize them to collect information from you directly to support the services they provide to us. We do not authorize our Service Providers to share or use your information with any other third parties.
- social media platforms. to make your experience with our websites more enjoyable, we may offer features made available by social media platforms (such as likes or social sharing). some social media platforms may collect information directly from you pursuant to their own separate privacy policies which may differ from ours. some social media platforms also act as our data partners, which means that we may share your personal information with them as described below under “data partners.”
- legal compliance, business transfers, and other disclosures. we disclose information about users of our sites when we believe the law requires it. for example, to respond to compulsory process or law enforcement requests, to enforce our terms of service for relevant brands, or to protect the rights, property or safety of users, the public, ingreds.com, service providers, social media platforms, advertisers, data partners, or third parties. over time, we may reorganize or transfer various assets and lines of business. we reserve the right to disclose or transfer any information we collect to third parties in connection with any proposed or actual purchase, sale, lease, merger, foreclosure, liquidation, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of ingreds.com companies.
how long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
for users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. all users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). website administrators can also see and edit that information.
what rights you have over your data
if you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. you can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. this does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
right to know: you have the right to ask us to tell you personal information we collect use, disclose and sell about you.
right to request deletion: You have the right to ask us to delete the personal information we collect or maintain about you.
right to be free from discrimination: you have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
right to access or correct your information: you have the right to request access to and to edit certain personal information that you have provided to us through our Site
how we protect your data
we use commercially reasonable procedures and technique such as encryption and staff training to protect the information that we collect. however, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
we do not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 16.
how to contact us
if you have any questions or concerns about the ingreds.com privacy statement or its implementation, please contact us by email: email@example.com